Many documents require the services of a notary during funeral planning. The James F. Kutch Funeral Home has a Notary Public on staff to provide these services for your family.
Things you will need
We have prepared this list to aid you in the arrangement process. Please bring the items listed below when you meet with the Funeral Director. We are happy to assist you in acquiring any information needed for this process.
- Information about the decedent. Date and place of birth, their social security number, father’s name, mother’s maiden name and educational information.
- A recent photo of your loved one and any photos you wish displayed.
- Military service records and, if applicable, any Honorable Discharge (DD2-14) or documentation verifying military service.
- Cemetery information if the decedent or someone in the family owns cemetery plots that you would like to use.
- Insurance information, policy or policy number, if you intend to use a life insurance policy to pay for the funeral expenses. Please note: The policy must be effective for at least two years in order to be applied to cover funeral expenses.
- Clothing for the decedent: Women’s outer garments should be full sleeve and have a high neckline. You will also need pantyhose/stockings, underwear, a bra, full or half-slip. Shear garments are not acceptable.
Important Phone Numbers
|Recorder of Deeds||412-350-4226|
|Register of Wills||412-350-4180|
|Bureau of Vital Statistics||724-656-3100|
|Social Security Administration||800-772-1213|
|U.S. Dept. of Veterans Affairs||800-827-1000|
|Crises & Suicide Hotline||412-820-4357|
|Reassurance for Seniors||412-258-0100|
|Sudden Infant Death Alliance||412-481-1410|
|Survivors of Suicide||412-624-5170|
|The Caring Place||412-544-1686|
|UPMC Grief Support Group||412-664-2057|